Internal Code Retreats
A Coderetreat is a day-long, intensive software developer focussed practice event, focusing on the fundamentals of software development and design.
The format we use has the following outcomes:
- That developers learn how to successfully pair program, without the stress of “getting things done”
- Developers have the opportunity to appreciate how others think and approach a problem
- It embeds design principles that can be referred to in daily work
- Developers can improve their ability to write code that minimizes the cost of change over time
We provide this workshop in two styles. The first is the ‘vanilla’ approach as described above. The second focusses on working with legacy code and the mindset and skills to best apply.
When to request it
When you want developers to spend time honing and growing their skills. When you want to grow a sense of pride in the craft of software development. As a unique team building event that has value beyond a typical “teambuild”.
When done as part of a full coaching engagement, these sessions are charged at a rate of R 1ﾠ368 per coach per hour.
When done outside of a coaching engagement:
- R 1 700 / person for small groups (5 – 12 attendees)
- R 1 200 / person for larger groups (11 – 60 attendees)
* Larger groups can be catered for on request.
Disclaimer: All prices quoted include 14% VAT and are for client’s premises in Johannesburg, South Africa. Any venue costs or travel outside Johannesburg will be for the client’s account. Prices subject to an annual increase (prices quoted are for FY18). Preferential rates can be negotiated for repeat work.